We believe there are 2 aspects to “green” products:
- How and where products are manufactured
- How that product performs in your kitchen
The bottom line is reducing the amount of carbon we emit in our business and in our private lives.
By forming our pans, hard coat anodizing and the application of coatings all in one location we save energy by not having to transport products to different locations for each process. We literally have raw products come into our plant and ship final products out to customers.
Green Manufacturing Initiatives:
- Complete manufacturing of products done in one location saves transportation costs and energy.
- Recycle or re-use everything from excess raw materials to incoming packing materials.
- Send alum derived from anodizing to the city of Spokane’s waste water treatment plant, which city officials say helps the settling process in the treatment plant’s clarifiers.
- More than 60 percent of electricity is derived from renewable hydro and wind power with the balance coming from natural gas.
- ManPans proprietary water based coatings on pans use no PTFE, no PFOA nor any other petrochemicals, have no toxic waste and are completely inert.
We are demonstrating that a comprehensive, pro-active approach to responsible manufacturing is possible.
ManPans: Green In Your Kitchen
What really counts in our efforts to embrace a greener style of living is how much carbon we emit into the atmosphere. When buying products, consider how and where a product is made as well as how well it performs for you.
- By supporting a US made product you are reducing your carbon footprint.
- By buying direct from the manufacturer, you are paying less for marketing and receiving a better valued product.
- By using 40% less energy to cook with using efficient cookware.
- By having cookware that will last a long time.
- By having a product that is 100% recyclable.
- By using healthy cookware that has no toxins and no PTFE.