Recipe provided by SavorX and Pete Taylor
“Can this get any better?! Hot apple cider spiced up with ceylon cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, and fresh orange peel.
I like to “enhance it” with some bourbon :)”
Hot Mulled Cider Ingredients:
- 1 Hot Mulled Cider Culinary Kit
- 1/2 Gallon Fresh, Unfiltered Apple Cider
- 1 Orange
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
Hot Mulled Cider Directions:
- Pour cider into a 3-quart saucepan, cover, and heat on medium-high.
- With a vegetable peeler or paring knife, peel away a few strips of the orange peel.
- Push about half of the cloves into the peeled part of the orange.
- Add all ingredients, including the orange, the peel pieces, and the rest of the cloves, carefully into the pan with the cider.
- Re-cover the cider, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large, heat-proof container and pour the cider through the strainer to remove the spices and orange pieces.
- If you like, you can spike it with some bourbon, brandy, or rum.
- Serve hot.
Pete Taylor from SavorX has a video that shows how to prepare Hot Mulled Cider.
Visit SavorX for the Shopping List, Recipe and Video: www.savorx.com