A complex and aromatic dish that will pervade your kitchen with the aroma of warm and savory spices. Wonderful served on rice or with flatbreads and with green beans or roasted eggplant or whatever fits. Please comment on this chicken recipe below!
Rub the chicken heavily with the spice mixture, pack in a zip lock bag and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
Brown the chicken pieces on medium heat for 3-4 minutes in a 10 Inch Saute Pan from ManPans.
Turn and brown the other side for 2-3 minutes.
Add a little water, cover and steam for 12-15 minutes on the lowest heat setting.
Recipe: Middle Eastern Spiced Stove Top Chicken
Toast, cool, and grind these, or use already ground spices:
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds
- 4 allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sumac, grated orange peel or other citrus spice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- 8 minced cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken thighs
- Create the spice rub.
- Rub the chicken heavily with the spices and rest overnight, refrigerated, in a plastic bag.
- Preheat the pan and a few tablespoons of oil over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and cook on medium for 3-4 minutes or untill browned; turn and cook the same on the other side.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of water, cover, and reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cook 13-15 minutes to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Turn the heat off, rest for five minutes, then serve.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
[box style=”info”]10 Bucks Off! 10 Inch Saute Pan with Coupon Code: 10BUCKSSAUTE[/box]